Eat a balanced diet
Eating the right foods will go a long way towards helping you lose weight and keep it off.
- Eating a balanced diet means that you’re consuming adequate amounts of each nutrient your body needs to function.
- You’ll need to consume the recommended servings of each food and food group to help you meet your daily nutrient needs. Measuring your portion sizes can help you manage this.
- In addition to eating foods from each food group, it’s wise to each a large variety of foods within each food group.For example, every vegetable offers you a different array of healthy vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Keeping hydrated has many benefits when it comes to losing weight. In addition, stay well hydrated helps support a healthy body.
- Drinking the recommended 8 -13 glasses a day will support your weight loss and may make you feel energized.
- Stick to sugar-free, decaffeinated beverages as often as possible. Try: water, flavored water, decaf coffee or decaf tea.
- Skip sweetened beverages (like soda or sports drinks), highly caffeinated beverages (like energy drinks or shots) and fruit juices.